Tailor-made adhesion: Atmospheric plasmas for optimized adhesion
Innovative plasma applications for adhesion improvement
on 20 and 21 November 2019 at the Caritas-Pirckheimer-Haus in Nuremberg
in cooperation with the Cluster Nanotechnology of Nanoinitiative Bayern GmbH
On 21.11.2019, the 35th Ak-adp workshop in Nuremberg came to an end. 56 participants were able to learn about the latest findings and applications of atmospheric pressure plasma for adhesion improvement. There were 12 speakers from industry and research.
The technical presentations focused on the following main topics:
- Plasma treatment of polymer powder
- Flat plasma treatment of flat glass
- Coating of textile thread materials
- Composite layers with non-stick effect
- Atmospheric plasmas for the pretreatment of plastics and films
- Adhesive bonding in electronics and battery applications, power engineering and medicine
- Multiprobe testing of adhesive strength
- Flaming: application examples for different materials
- new plasma system technology with application examples
In the evening of the first day, as usual, a cultural program was offered. This time the participants could learn something about the history of the city of Nuremberg and its sausages during a guided tour. Afterwards the traditional regulars' table took place, here many contacts were made and knowledge was exchanged.
The unofficial highlight of the workshop was the completion of the anniversary publication
Applications - Developments - Plants
The technology special on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the Anwenderkreis Atmosphärendruckplasma (ak-adp) comprises 23 technical papers on plasmas at atmospheric pressure and provides a broad overview of current work. The focus is on fundamentals, analytical methods, technical applications and research activities in current scientific work, industrial applications and medical studies.
The publication with ISBN 978-3-00-063646-2 can be ordered for €53.50 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next ak-adp workshop will take place on March 25 - 26, 2020 in Lutherstadt Wittenberg. The online registration for this is open.